Forums XBF General Rules & Announcements
  • Topic: XBOXFACES HALLOWEEN CONTEST

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 16, 2012 8:08 PM EDT
    • XBOXFACES HALLOWEEN CONTEST

We will be holding a Halloween Contest on October 13th. We will be giving away tons of great prizes, like Cash, Borderlands 2 and 1600 MS Points so stayed tuned. This contest will be ran by Ken Beven so expect major changes around here for the contest ;)

This post was edited by Propsta at October 13, 2012 6:45 PM EDT
    • September 16, 2012 11:13 PM EDT

Hi, we are going to be having a bunch of trivia questions, some photo quests, maybe a few short answer questions (with a point awared on a scale for the best 3 answers). I'll probably think of a few other ideas.  But be advised, it's not just video games that will have questions, movies, current events, ect. are all fair game. 

To give you a very rough idea what I meant about short answer, here would be one example (that will not be used).   What was the dumbest/pathetic acheivement that you've earned on the xbox 360... to which my answer would be, loading the Simpson Game, which gave you 5 acheivement points for just booting up the game. 

I'm also planning on having multiple questions/quests at the same time, so you might have to think about what your going to try and answer.

• September 17, 2012 4:17 PM EDT

Ok, I've thought of one of the photo quests we are going to have in the contest, but I can't give out an specifics, however if it's 50% as funny in reality as I'm picturing it, I think everyone is going to get a real kick out of it.....

• September 25, 2012 2:56 PM EDT

Just to give you a quick update, I just wanted to remind everyone that we will be giving out a copy of Borderlands 2 as the grand prize, we also have some Xbox Live points to give away, and a copy of the Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Blu-Ray) as one fo the prizes.  I believe T-shirts are in the mix and we are working on finding some other goodies!!

Oh, and this just in.... during the 'photo quests' your going to have a chance to earn multiple points (first one in, funniest, best looking or other items), but one of the photo's is going to have a secret acheivement that if your the first to find/do, you will win a copy of Kinect Twister......

Oh I just talked to Newman, Kraemer and George, and they are ok if you re-gift it, although Elaine isn't thrilled with the idea....

• September 26, 2012 9:09 AM EDT

Propsta - This morning I was looking looking at the Forums trying to figure out how to create one for the gameing contest (so that we could use the chat for the questions, and have the forum for the photo quests and short answers - yes people, you can earn some points in this contest for telling stories!!), but I don't seem to have the ability to create one, am I correct in that belief or am I crazy, or a little of both, or a lot of both??).

• September 26, 2012 9:43 AM EDT

I wanted to give you all a brief idea about what I meant by Short answers (which will not be first correct answer questions). For example, the question might be "What was the easiest achievement you ever "earned"? My answer would be The Simpson Game, where you received 10 achievement points for just booting up the game. Please note this question will NOT be in the contest, however if you think about it, you might have just gotten a hint of a similar question that might be asked during the contest. Scoring for the short answers will be on a 3-2-1 (best, 2nd best, 3rd) with hopefully Foxy and Propsta giving some assistance in judging the answers - and we promise to try and do a better job than the NFL replacement Refs!!!

• October 10, 2012 4:50 AM EDT

Sweet, this contest thingy is on my birthday. good luck to you all as well (:

Yup you can add me who ever you are.

• October 12, 2012 11:12 PM EDT

I dont think any of us are up that early on a Saturday morning.. at least Im not! Lol

It will be PM Eastern Time...  Be on at 7pm and be prepared, have your camera ready, a piece of paper with your username and XBOXFACES.COM on it so when Ken sends you looking for the mystery items to take pictures of, you already have your paper ready!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel